So, traditionally this is the time for New Years resolution. I had always shunned resolutions, as they are usually abandoned before they even had a chance to sprout. But something about this year is different.
2014 has been such a turbulent year, that for 2015 I need clear direction. In order to achieve that, considering that we are self-employed, homeschool our children and belong to an alternative religion, any structure we give to a year has to come from ourselves. There is no one to tell us what needs to be done when, we decide. That freedom is wonderful, but it takes discipline if any meaningful work is to be done.
Therefore I chose to go for the New Years resolution, among other things (like using structures apps and programs to help me run the day to day of our lives), and I want to list a few of these here. Maybe in a year, when it is time to review the previous months, life will show itself as a little more calm.
Well, I can at least plan to make the trip a little smoother.
So here are my resolutions (which in true Law of Attraction fashion, I am posting in present tense)
1. I am loosing 15 pounds. I am currently heavier than I have ever been, touching the 140 mark, and I do not like it. Okay, I am now over 40, with a thyroid condition, but I am not giving myself a break here. It is time be back in shape. If I find any books, products or any blog post from other bloggers that help me along the way, I will share them here.
2. I am increasing our income threefold. I have done it before, so I can do it again. With that I mean hubby and I, and we got a pretty solid plan, and are a great team, so that is so workable. One of the ways to achieve this, is by using abundance magick and law of attraction. I will write about that, on the blog you are currently reading.
3. I am moving to Los Angeles. I have been talking about this for 4 years now, and every time something came up. This time, we have the means, the plan, the time frame, the combined efforts and energy, so that will happen. We got to do this before end of April. Did I mention we currently are living in Florida? Not sure, if I want to write about that anywhere yet, but knowing myself, I probably will.
4. I am writing more. Deadlines and all, I am making a list and sticking to it. I will post any updates on publishing schedule on my writing blog. I got a blogging schedule for all of my blogs, and plenty of resources to structure my offline writing. Any great (or not so great) writing books I find will be reviewed on my writing blog.
5. I am organized. I grew up with an abusive perfectionist adoptive father. So I became disorganized, slightly chaotic, and anti-structure. That does not co-exist well with the needs of bookkeeping, payroll and taxes. Just like it does not work well with kids who want to get into college. So, I bought the above mentioned apps and software, bookkeeping essentials, created a daily planner, and I am ready to go. Wish me luck. (I will write about those too – not on my spiritual blog, or my writing blog, but on my productivity blog – yes, I have three blogs!)
6. I practice a more consistent spiritual practice. The last year, I have practiced my Witchcraft on a very irregular schedule. Mind you, I am not Wiccan, I am a Hedgewitch and solitary, so there is no need for structure, expect a personal one. I feel that I can learn a lot from a more regulated, even if self-regulated structure, and will explore that in depth. And of course, as with everything, I will write about it. And that would be on this, exact blog.
So here it is, my list (albeit incomplete, considering that other goals involve other people, and I value their privacy) for 2015. This year, I know, with the help of the Gods, will be my best year yet. I am ready and open for all of the changes and wonderful experiences, as well as the lessons that it holds within, and I am grateful for the present that every moment of the coming year is.
In parting, I wish you all the best as well, as you envisioned, and however it is best for you.
P. S. This post is a “The Pagan Experience” Post, based on the prompt for January 5th “Resolutions”. I know I am a little ahead of the posting schedule for that group link, but this topic just demands attention on the first day of the new year!